Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

LONDON FASHION WEEK : HENRY HOLLAND SS13

 Ever wonder what became of that really grunge girl in your school? where that goth went when she grew up? How does one move from the grunge of the 90s into the older more mature wardrobe? Well Henry Holland has the answer.... This is his most subdued and quiet collection yet. There were no overly hipster outfits, no over styling, no annoying Geldoff sisters in the line up and there was no neon, acids or annoying stripes.....in fact, it was perfect.
 I have found in the past that I have wondered what Holland would do when the Henry Holland girl grew up. A good brand is able to attract the younger crowd but also maintain their older clientele. This is how it keeps going. However, HH has a tendancy to be loud, proud and youth focused. So I was pleasantly surprised to see (as I am a HH girl who is approaching 30) a collection which could be worn, and worn well by an older girl.
 The 90s grunge check was here but it was enlarged and spread over skirts and cropped tops. The mix and match element of prints was also here - check out that shirt and skirt combo above! AND don't tell me that those glasses weren't inspired by Cobain!!!!!
 That silver jacket is gorgeous!!! I also want to have a look at the footwear as well since it seems interesting.... There were some brights, don't get my wrong but they seemed very 'grown up' compared to some of Holland's older collections.  It is great to see his brand doing so well though. I feel like since I have gotten into fashion properly, I have almost witnessed a brand grow with me. His earlier collections would have been very close to what my friends and I were wearing at the time. He took a detour while we got older and we parted ways but I still remember salivating over pieces from his first and second collection and remember them vividly.
TIE DYE! YES!

TRENDS TO TRY

Tie dye
Check
baggy shapes
metallics

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar