The internet is going mad over this advert from a coffee shop.
I have to admit, I read the advert wrong the first time I saw it. I thought it read soggy wellies and agreed with it. I couldn't understand why people were so upset about a sign claiming that UGG boots were soggy wellies.
Then I read the article and realised that (1) I might need glasses and (2) it says slag not soggy.
So my apologies! Hahahaha Bit worried about my eyesight now.
But back to the boots.
The article which appeared in ID online talked about the rise of 'banter' from coffee shops. I have to admit, I love a good coffee shop sign. 200 degrees coffee shop in Nottingham are brilliant at this. They manage to get the tone just right. But, when do we have to accept sexism as 'banter'.
I do not like how many people were attacked online for daring to complain about this. Some people compared the complaints to the uproar over the Starbucks Christmas cups, which is basically saying, pointless fighting. However, I'm staying out of the Starbucks fight as I don't know what it is but, this is a valid thing to complain about.
How does a coffee shop think using the word 'slag' is appropriate?
Soggy I would have understood because anyone who has ever worn a boot like this will understand when it rains, your in trouble.
I hope this isn't going to be become a thing now. Sexist coffee shop signage.
(I've looked at the sign again and am now REALLY concerned as to how I mistook slag for soggy. I think I'd better book an eye test)


0 Yorumlar