Thanks for all the lovely supportive comments on my last post. It really helps keep me going 👍
As it's Sunday that meant meal prepping for the week ahead. Meal prep now means I prepare some ingredients (rather than full meals) that will help make fast meals when I get home tired from work. Thankfully there's only 5 teaching days until my October break! Yesterday I got a 2kg bag of red lentils for £3. It's normally £3.80 so just a small saving but it all helps. It will last me for months.
I like decanting them into my glass jars for tidier storage but 2 kg of lentils won't fit into a 1litre jar!!
Obviously this week's soup had to be some sort of lentil. I had some carrots, red onions and sweet potatoes lurking in the fridge and cupboard along with half a carton of chopped tomatoes. This big pot of Spicy Tomato and Lentil produced 7 very generous portions so that's my lunches sorted plus a few for the freezer.
I poached 3 chicken breasts and shredded them. I'll get 5 meals out of this lot, probably stir frys or pasta. I find shredding the meat makes it go further. Very useful when OH and The Teenogre are around as they eat SO MUCH MEAT!!! Last weekend I made a vat of beef stew with 1.5kg of meat, loads of root veg and dumplings. They pretty much ate the lot in one sitting!!! I had planned on a few meals using the leftovers!
I made a chocolate cake and some muffins from the Betty Crocker GF Devil's Food mix. Again OH and The Teenogre demolished them last night but I did manage to sneak a few muffins into freezer for later 😁
I also tried a new recipe but the jury's still out on it. It's a Tuna and Egg Mayonnaise salad. Can't say I'm loving it but I've made a big tub of it so I'll have to eat it. Maybe I'll put it on oatcakes as part of my lunch.
Tonight I'll prep a few bowls of overnight oats for breakfast then I'm sorted 😋 Cannot wait until Friday now!!

0 Yorumlar