The Mistress is now back at the Casa after a 14 day get away to the ancestral home to see Mother and visit with the Capital Street Duo and see the Dame's new floral shop. Seeing the Dame and hubby made for people 8 and 9 I have seen since the pandemic started. The hardest part for me hasn't been the social part surprisingly. It's been easier that I thought...I'm getting good at being a recluse like Greta Garbo. The travel and shopping part has been a huge change and one that is hard to get used too. Especially vacation, where I usually go with the clan. The Dame had asked me one day to go to the Lemoyne Market Place, to go thrifting and antiquing. Again I didn't know if I wanted to. But he assured me the place would not be crowded, and all had to wear mask the whole time in the building or no admittance...which I know is a huge, two story building. So we went... and to my amazement was not busy in the slightest. I could get so use to this new normal!!!!!! I think we encountered maybe 20 people in the whole building. While it felt good to get out to do something I love, I worried it may get me wanting to go out regularly all the time. But I know I will not give in. It was a good afternoon, and it amazes me at what people will get rid of or think of as junk, but will be someone's treasure. And if I can find something calling to me that I need and will find useful, or has a special meaning to me for a good price, I love that feeling. One really needs a whole day to get through this place...but I even thought of some of you, so you'll be receiving something in the mail soon.
The very first booth was a guy who had one awesome space. It was very bright and retro. And very summery!!! Of course I had to pick the colorful dress and beads for the dear Duchess Deedles.
A cat fish bowl for Anne Marie to entertain her pussies.
I found this cool vibe bar set for Upton King
Bob and Carlos can expect these groovy chairs.
A dressing table for dear Agnes Goldberg-DeWoofs
I have no idea what she'll do with them, but loved these copper pheasants for Christina.
More prying eyes for new friend, Dawn!
Since Huntley like to ride things, I found him this bike. And look at that seat!!!!!
I found this typewriter for Travel Penguin for his home office.
I bought all these and had them sent to the White House for mr. trump.
How cute are these? They would make for great election day decorations no?
A new sound system for Sixpense is coming. And with some vintage magazines.
Who better to receive this fondue set other then Mitchell?
A game for Steven to pass the time!
Of course, I came home with my own treasure. You know I can not pass up at lovely straw beach tote for all my square cuts and sun tan lotion and such. Also a good cock-a-tail bag! Find $80, but was 60% off!
Elephants and peacocks are my two favorite animals. If I ever owned a business the name would mostly likely be The Elephant and Peacock. The vase called to me for $5! It now lives on the nightstand in the boudoir. I loved the contrast to the navy blue walls too.
Next, a found a vessel to hold my straws for my bar at long last!!! It was a pink glass with gold stripes. Found for $7.
And the gold detail matched my little jars for olives and cherries that the Dame gave me as a birthday gift last year. The bar is becoming well appointed I must say.
And finally I found this old light fitting glass shade for a whopping $1!!!!! It is now used as a candle holder on a end table in the living room, with some of my sea shell collection. Looks so pretty at night when lit.
I was pleased with myself.
























0 Yorumlar