Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Luxury of time

Just days ago, I was complaining of lack of time, but as of 12.30pm on Saturday, I finished my finals finally and can blog, probably a super long one since all the thoughts have accumulated for quite a while.

First off, have you noticed that Christmas in the past 3 years are somehow related to disasters? In 2004, around Christmas, there was this huge tsunami which killed scores, and Christmas 2006, there was this earthquake near Taiwan that caused many of us slow internet connections and many complains by bloggers. Hey, I blog too, so technically I can complain =)

Speaking of bloggers, come to think of it, I know quite a few famous bloggers, including those who was interviewed in The Star due to the slow internet connection. Not that I really know them, but I know their siblings. Close enough lah! In case you are going to mention that I don't know them. How many famous bloggers that you actually know =) Malaysia has Kenny Sia, Singapore probably has Wendy Cheng, hopefully I got her name correct.

Some bloggers are really celebrities, or some are just celebrities who blog, some for the sake of more publicity, maybe asked by their managers or something. But for bloggers turned celebrity, I guess there is always a price to pay for being famous. Yes, you probably get scores of female or male admirers who will idolise everything you do from whatever you wear to whatever you say. Even your used tissue paper can be sold at E-Bay I suppose. But for the price of fame, you get rumour mongers, detractors and little personal space. Everytime you step outside, you have to wear shades or wear a cap. You can pick your nose while driving, you can be rude, every single thing you do is amplified 10x or more. I better not be a celebrity in this case, just being noticed is good enough =)

And oh, besides Christmas season earthquake, my mom went for a surgery too. Total hysterectomy, which basically means, you remove your womb and ovary. I have the picture of it which will make WebPath jealous and envy, cause it has a leimyoma with an endometrial polyp together with it. Yes, if you don't understand the jargon, don't bother. Only those in the field will know. I wonder should I put up the picture and make everyone vomit out the previous day's breakfast, maybe I should, to spice things up =), in the future that is.

Opps, before I continue, I must say that this post is going to be super haphazard as I'm just writing whatever that crossed my mind in the previous 1 week which was super hectic. One week to read through everything that you have learned in 2 years can be really a stressor and a good reason for sleepless nights. I have only really experienced once a sleepless night and luckily on the eve of my finals, I could still sleep, albeit very very very little. Exam was 4 days, 1st day was horrible enough and a not so ideal start to a new year too. The subsequent 2 days was not that bad, manageable in fact. Hopefully I get good results.

So, as of today, 12.30pm, I am free finally! Barring any failures that is. Took a lunch which was relaxing, no need to rush to gobble down the food in 10 minutes to continue studying. Then continued with my monthly Dota sessions, again, don't start playing Dota if you don't plan to get addicted to it. I just play it once a month =) Today I played for 5 hours though and actually managed to get some kills, not bad la. After 5 hours of Dota, went for another long dinner. After dinner, sat down to chill at the place, talking and talking and laughing. Always good to sit with a bunch of friends, funny ones too. Of course it's better if I can do it with her. Tee Hee Hee. When you have the luxury of time, everything can be done at your own sweet pace.

Tarah, picture of the day, appeared in Convocation Magazine =) Who thought of it, of course me ^^


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar