Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

It's a Sin

In contrast to how successful Wet 'n' Wild has been at getting me to buy more polish in recent months, Sinful Colors has been awful. Display after display of re-promotes all summer—though I guess the nail art ones were new but I barely use the ones I have so was not tempted by those. I came across two new displays of Sinfuls at my Rite Aid recently, Shanghai Nights and Colors of Darkness.

Sinful Colors

Left to right: Bamboo, Lang Lang, Dumpling, Fortune Cookie, Fried Rice, Hot & Sour, Chopstick, Great Wall.


Sinful Colors

Left to right: Love Bite, Witching Hour, Dawn, Vamp, Femme Fatale, Full Moon, Dusk, Stormy.


Hmm, none of those names match any of the Sinfuls I already have, but some of those colors sure look familiar. For research purposes, I bought one color from each display (the purples, of course). When I got them home, lo and behold, I found I had near-identical twins already in my stash for each of them.

Sinful Colors

Daddy's Girl (left), Dawn (right). Or is it the other way around? Doesn't matter.


Sinful Colors

Let's Talk (left), Lang Lang (right). Or vice versa.


Now, maybe these just look really, really close to each other in the bottle but look different on the nail. I've certainly seen that happen before, so of course I moved on to swatch them.

Sinful Colors

Top to bottom: Let's Talk, Lang Lang, Daddy's Girl, Dawn.


I boosted the red in this last photo to try and get the purples to show true to life, but being purples, they refuse to play nicely. At any rate, these pairs sure do look the same to me. Are all the colors in both these displays re-named polishes from the core line? I don't know. I suspect most of them are, and am not willing to spend time figuring out which ones might be new when there are so many other fresh collections coming out.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar